SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

cminarczik is offline Breaking it in
    From
    Cleveland OH

Unhappy 1100 zxi wont start

I have an 98 1100 zxi Jet Ski. It has been running good all season. I took it out over the weekend to ride it. I could only do about 5000 rpm at about 25mph. I immediately took it back to launch ramp to look at it. Now it will not start. I think it might be the fuel filter. How do I know it is that??

From
    Cleveland OH

Default Re: 1100 zxi wont start

It might not be the fuel filter. I think its not getting any gas. Is there a checklist I can go through before I take it to the dealer for repair??

WATERCRAFTSERVICES is offline Long Time Poster
    From
    HUMBLE /ATASCOCITA TX

Sounds Carb Related. If The Carbs Have Never Been Serviced Then Go Through Them. Install New Carb Kits. Also Be Sure There Are No Blockages In The Fuel System From The Tank All The Way Back. The Fuel Selector Valves On These Skis Have Been Known To Have Problems. Make Sure The Linkage And Cable Is Operating Properly On Top Of The Gas Tank.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

dank is offline Long Time Poster
    From
    Charlotte NC

Check to make sure you have spark at all three cylinders. the rear electrical box can get wet and the circuts to the coils will corrode and stop them from working. To verify if it is a carb problem then put a tablespoon of premix down each plug hole then put the plugs back in and connect the plug wires. Now hold the throttle at 1/8 open an see if it will start. If it start then dies then it is a carb broblem.

From
    Cleveland OH

I poured the premix into the plugs and it started then died. So I am assuming its a carb problem. I am not sure how to install new carb kits. I have a Seloc tune up and repair manual, but it looks like more work than I can handle. Is this something I should attempt to do or let the dealer handle it.
    How much would this cost?

Thanks for you help

WATERCRAFTSERVICES is offline Long Time Poster
    From
    HUMBLE /ATASCOCITA TX

If You Are At All Mechanically Inclined Then You Can Do It Yourself. Just Do One At A Time. Be Sure You Have The Correct Carb Kits And The Proper Tools Before Starting. Also View The Sbt Video On Carb Rebuilding. Good Luck.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

From
    Cleveland OH

I talked to the Kawasaki service tech. He said Kaw does not make a replacement carb kit. It is sold in seperate parts only. He said try cleaning out carb first it just may need a good cleaning. $200 if the dealer did it. If that does not work then it would need parts and cost would go up from there depending on what I needed.

I will check post for cleaning out carbs on this model.

Thread Information