Question on SBT rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on SBT rebuilt

Just found out from my Seadoo dealer that I broke a cranshaft bearing and ruined crakshaft, cylinder and piston. He wants me to purchase a Seadoo reman'ed engine for $2500 installed. I look on your website and see the 787 RFI engine is $899 plus shipping. If I go this route, which sounds way cheaper, is there any other parts I am going to have to buy to complete the install besdies the gasket kit mentioned. All other parts on my engine are in good working order. What all will have to pulled from the old motor? I am trying to get a rough price, so I can see if the dealer will do it and how much labor they will charge me to do it.

BTW - The watercraft in question is a 2000 GTX RFI.

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Question on SBT rebuilt

Our engines are sold on exchange with a good core. All we care about is broken alumin like a hole in the case or cylinder. Attach pics of your damage to the core componenets if any, for an estimate on welding charges. All you need for install is the gasket kit.

Go to the Tech article section and download the install guide, it details everything to do and remove.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the info....as far as labor, what all needs to be taken off the existing engine, ie flywheel, etc.? Or do you just have to bolt on the parts mentioned in the install document.

Comment

Everything is detailed in the Guide.

Comment

Sounds like a needle bearing broke apart and ran through both cylinders. If this is the case, it probably scored up the cylinders pretty bad. Is this something that will cost extra on the welding? He said there are no holes or cracks.

Sorry for asking so many questions. The nearest Seadoo dealer, or any PWC repair shop for that matter, is 60 miles away in Helena, MT. Thats where my ski is now. I am trying to get everything lined out so I am not making a bunch of trips back and forth.

Comment

Nope, we don't charge for sleeve damage.

Comment

Just found out that I have to pre ship core back to you guys to rebuld instead of getting a rebuilt motor first and sending the core in later on my 787 RFI. Is this always the case or just bad timing in that you do not have any in stock? The reason I am asking is that the engine is sitting at the Seadoo dealer 60 miles away and they have never dealt with SBT, so it may be hard to get them to ship. Not sure how to package either since I won't have a crate.

Is there a time where you ship the 787 RFI before a core is received?

Comment

Working...
              X