Waverunner engine failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waverunner engine failure

I ran my 2002 GP1200r for just a dozen hours after I bought it used and the engine developed a hole in the rear piston. After talking to several local techs and not coming to any conclusion, except to get a new engine, I bought one from SBT. This is my first time to use SBT and I can say they are a cut above any other business I have dealt with, (American Express is also a cut above the others for customer service). They answered the phone on the first ring and the lady who picked up the phone answered all my questions as well as placed the order for me to ship that day. She knew more about engines that any other woman I have ever talked to and as much as lots of men know.

She told me the reason the engine failed is because the oil line came off. Yamaha has a problem with the clamps holding the oil line on and there was oil all over the bottom of the engine compartment. If you own a Yamaha, you should either pre-mix your oil and gas, or inspect regularly for the oil lines being tight and secure. I change from Yamalube to Quicksilver and thought that caused the engine failure. Apparently, you do not have to run just Yamalube in a Waverunner, but you must use a quality PWC oil. I have a 1200GXT that is going fine on other than Yamalube oil.

The only thing I do not like about SBT is they charge about $10 for the swimsuit calender DVD unless you buy a premium engine, (which I did buy). They throw that DVD in if you buy it, but if you do not want it, they will not lower the price by $10, so that is money wasted. If that policy were changed, I would not have anything bad to say about SBT. (I also do not work for American Express).

Re: Waverunner engine failure

Please call 877.330.0231 and ask for Ericka, the calendar is free with every engine sold. I would be more than happy to send you one.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

It is not that they did not send me a calander, I don't want one, but they won't lower the cost by the price of the calander. That is my point.

Comment

The calender comes with that engine package regardless, We have some people that have bought 2-3 engines in a year and they still get the calender whether they want it or not, its just part of the premium package. If you have any questions with anything on your install or future questions that we can help you with please dont hesitate to call on us, We would be more then happy to help out. Tom SBT tech .
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X