Another Satisfied Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Satisfied Customer

I installed the BlackTip seat cover on my 1999 Yamaha WaveRunner GP1200. Looks great! Pictures attached.

A few notes:

The quality of the product was very good, stitches straight and clean, materials were name brand (made in usa?) products.

The most "difficult" part of the project was removing the old seat - the factory used 100+ staples, and they could be tough to remove. I used a small screwdriver and small pliers, and this worked well. Overall, seat removal took 30 minutes or more, the most time consuming part of the project.

Installing the new seat was straightforward. The only "error" that I made was not pulling tight enough on the rear seam of the front seat - the stitching should be over the edge and hidden - I didn't quite get it straight.

Also, I used 14ga staples from an air powered stapler - this was a little too powerful, and some of the staples ripped through. Per the factory example, the correct method uses LOTS of staples - and the corners are folded over together. On some of the curves, I made relief cuts (underneath, out of site), which allowed the vinyl to lay flat.

David
    Florida
    Attached Files
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT
Working...
X