Aftermarket Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Steering

Any ideas to improve my steering on a 1100 98 ZXI?
    i would just have bought the UMI Billet steering, but UMI stoped making them. thnaks

also just the handlebars in the UMI setup would have exposed some stuff thats not stock legal i think
    GO INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Aftermarket Steering

Not stock legal? Stock racers do it all the time....what do you think is not stock legal?

Comment

Originally posted by duckman1
      Not stock legal? Stock racers do it all the time....what do you think is not stock legal?
      The entire UMI sterring setup for the ZXI would be legal, but if i just used the handlebars it wouldent. when i emailed UMI they said the steering would be exposed and i think that is illegal

Handlebar, throttle, throttle cable, and grips may be modified or aftermarket. Handlebar cover may be modified or removed. Aftermarket switches and switch housings may be used. Steering shaft, steering shaft holder and handlebar holder may be aftermarket. The handlebar must be padded at the mounting bracket or, if it has a crossbar, the crossbar must be padded. Quick-turn steering modifications to alter steering ratio are allowed. Aftermarket steering cables will be allowed.

maybe i am understanding it wrong, dont really know that much about the sterring setup

Comment

By the rules, I dont see where there is a problem.

Comment

The handlebar must be padded at the mounting bracket

i think i might have a misunderstanding....

Comment

"or at the crossbar" Make sure you get a UMI br with a crossbar and a pad. I raced mine all year last year with UMI bars and a stock tree.
            Dan Solie -
            04 RXP (the "Instigator")
            94 xp (freestyle mods)
            95 xp (faster than the 94)
            JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
            X