flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flushing

What is the proper way to flush the motor out after riding?
    matt

Connect your flush hose. Start the engine. Turn on the water. Let it idle for 4-5 minutes. Turn off the water. Give it 4-5 WOT bursts to blow out the excess water. Turn it off and disconnect the hose. Some models require clamping of the water inlet line between the flush fittings and the pump.

Comment

Trust him. It is that easy!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If the ski is ran in salt water, Salt Terminator, or a simular product is a MUST!!

Comment

If run in salt water, repeat step one (after a 1/2 hour cool down period of course. Don't want to overheat your Doo now. :D
          All I wanna do is ride my DOO!!!<P>96 SPX

Comment

Exactly how does one know whether or not to pinch the tube between the pump and the engine? Does it depend on the model of flush kit? Does it depend on the engine?

I am trying to determine if I should pinch mine on a '98 STX 1100. I guess I should pinch it first, then after flushing, let it run a couple more minutes without the clamp, so as to also remove the salt water from the pump area. Does this make sense?
            No more Jet-Ski's for this boy...

Comment

It's not an issue with your ski, only some older Sea-Doo's which had aftermarket installed flush kits.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Do you have to pinch a line on a 97 XP?

Comment

I hate to rock the boat, but should the INLET hose be pinched, or should it be the DUMP hose which is pinched? I call the inlet the one which goes from the pump to the engine, and the dump the one from the engine out back to the water. I am not talking about the tell-tale pisser, but the actual outlet of the water that came in through the inlet..
                  No more Jet-Ski's for this boy...

Comment

Inlet in refference to the line water is flowing in while flushing.

When you actually do it common sense tells you what line to pinch, as you will see water flowing from your hose right out the ski if you don't pinch it.

Comment

Re: flushing

Hello i have a 96 SPI and it's gtting time to put her away for the winter is there like a antifreeze like i use in water lines of my motorhome for my sea-doo so the block don't crack or can i blow it out with air i am not sure this is my first ski ????

Comment

Re: flushing

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13977

Comment

Working...
                        X