92 TS 650 won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 TS 650 won't start

I had a problem with my starter on my 650,it was kicking out after just a few seconds, pulled the starter and had it rebuilt, re installed it and now it will not turn over at all, if i put a screw driver across the relay, it will turn over (haven't gotten it to start yet, but it has set a while) anyway, it will turn over, but when i try it with the button, nothing, tried changing the realy, with a used presumably good one and still nothing not even a click.

more info when i pull the 2 wires that come from the button into the electrical box, put a meter on them and push the button they short and then open when button is released, now when i hook them back up i read a ground on both of them, this is obviously part of the problem if they are both grounded pushing the button does nothing, the yellow wire is on the relay and reads a short to the ground wire even if the relay is disconnected the red wire runs through the voltage regulator and then to the relay where once connected to the relay reads a ground, the cold side of the relay reads a ground, which just doesn't sound right to me the hot wire going to the starter, reads a ground as well, again doesn't sound right to me. am i just missing something or did they screw up the starter rebuild?

Thanks

Paul
Working...
X