92 750 stand-up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 750 stand-up problem

I have a 90 superjet 650 and my brother has a 92 kawi 750 standup. They are both 100% stock. Up to this point for the most part they have performed equally. The yammi was maybe a little quicker out of the hole but that's about it. Top end is basicly the same. Well, a few weeks ago the kawi decided it was time to drop a piston skirt so we got replacement engine from SBT. We finally got it back on the water last weekend and it runs fine, starts fine, idles fine, has the same top end, but is a total dog out of the hole. It's like you're trying to start out in second gear, but pulls good once it gets on the pipe. The only thing that was changed besides dropping in the new motor was that we eliminated the oil injection. We did plug the oil nipple on the intake manifold so that's not leaking air, and the engine cover where the oil pump goes is covered to keep the water out. I mixed the first tank at 36:1, and now it's at 50:1 where I run my superjet but it's still just slow out of the hole. It's not falling on it's face like a lean spot, or sputtering like a dirty carb. And there is a complete tank of fuel through it so it should be starting to loosen up. Maybe Im missing something here. I spend 90% of my time working on dirtbikes and snowmobiles so if the wonderful world of ski's has something odd to tech me, bring it on. Thanks ahead for any input!!!!!
Working...
X