1995 ZXi twin carb mixture settings..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 ZXi twin carb mixture settings..

Got a customers 95 ZXi 750SS with the twin carbs, it'll fire up and run & idle for the most part, but eventually it will die and I have to use the choke to start it back up. I've been screwing with the H & L screws and it has gotten better. 2.5 out on the L 1.5 out on the H.

The history of this ski, it had sat for a year or more and all of the fuel system components were completely corroded. So everything has been replaced, sender, pickups, lines cleaned and carbs rebuilt etc...

When I started the ski initially it would fire up and run run run...die. THen I'd have to use the choke to get it going again. Once on the water same thing, but I could hold the throttle open and it would turn up to 4000 and that was it, but I noticed that I could turn the fuel selector switch almost off from run and the ski would take off run up to 6000 and run great until I throttle down. Then it stalls and I gotta start all over again.

Mixture screws right? I'm on the right track, just a lilttle re-enforcement would be nice.

BTW reeds are fine, removed and inspected.
Working...
X