93 Polaris Speed/Fuel Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Polaris Speed/Fuel Problem

I just recently acquired a 93 Polaris SL 750 and a 94 Polaris SL 750.

Finally got to take them out this weekend and had a few issues I was hoping I could get some help on here.

We launched both, neither started right up.

I'll start with the 94.. We pulled them out of the water and sprayed some carb stuff in the 94 and it cranked up and ran pretty good after that. I did notice the plugs had a little white stuff on them, so I'm planning on replacing them. After running it pretty good for a while, it seemed every once in a while, and I mean only about 3 times in 1 1/2 of riding, that it would kind of "miss" a little when at fill throttle and slow down a bit, then it would pick right back up after a second or two. Kind of seemed like for a second it didn't get all the gas it needed or something. Everything on the 94 seems to be original, including the fuel pump. Is there anything I should look at, or like the 93 (see below), go ahead and replace this pump also?

We sprayed the same stuff in the 93 and it finally started up, but didn't seem to run correct. it sounded good and everything, but when we watched the fuel filter it seemed like the fuel was just barely coming through it. I took the filter off and blew it out and it seemed ok. Anyway, we put it back in the water and got it going. At full throttle, it couldn't get going fast enough to even plane out. After running it about 10 minutes in the water, we let it sit a about an hour. After that we couldn't get it started right up, so we put it back on the trailer. The carbs were just recently worked on and everything seems to be original, including the fuel pump. Does this sound like the fuel pump is going out? If so, should I just replace it or go ahead and remove it and get one of the triple pumps installed that I've been reading about here, or am I totally off base and its possibly something else?

Thanks for any tips and suggestions.
Working...
X