Wont Stay Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont Stay Running

I Have A 97 Polaris Sl 700 Dxl. And I Have A Black Wire Going To The Stator And Its Not In Good Shape. Can That Make This Die And Not Restart. If I Let It Sit For 30min It Will Fire Right Up And Run In The Water For 5min Then It Just Dies. Can Someone Help

Re: Wont Stay Running

Originally posted by JOSHMBLY
    I Have A 97 Polaris Sl 700 Dxl. And I Have A Black Wire Going To The Stator And Its Not In Good Shape. Can That Make This Die And Not Restart. If I Let It Sit For 30min It Will Fire Right Up And Run In The Water For 5min Then It Just Dies. Can Someone Help
    the black Wire Going To The Stator is your ground.......very inportin.... sounds like its grounding out on you ...... just be carful because mine did that to and it brunn up the stator all together..... you can get a used one for about $100 or trace the wire back to the stator....it not fun trying to get the stator off.. good luck and i hope this helps you..Kevin

Comment

Re: Wont Stay Running

Originally posted by JOSHMBLY
      Do this and forget about that B.S.

Use a side tap on the ground(black) wire at the soleniod, run lead to a real ground point. Put a toggle in the middle of this "new" circuit. Mount somewhere easily accesible but somewhat obscure. Leave it off until the bike wont go (turn starter when warm) then flip switch to on and continue on your journey !
      You can read all the absurd fixes you want but this is a final!
      On the Genesis the disply controls the switching mechanism. This overrides ALL that. However, you will need to revert the switch (toggle) to off when your are parking or the silly code lock will not work. I bet this fix applies to ALL affected models. Good luck and enjoy!
      Don

Comment

Working...
      X