Ski will not fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski will not fire

We have a 1997 SL700 Polaris jet ski. We have put a new battery in it and it ran a couple of times that we used it. Went to use it last Sunday and it ran for a little while and then died. Tried to start it again and no fire. Changed spark plugs but seems like we are not getting enough spark. The reset button on the electrical box doesn't seem to be functioning. A dealer told me that Polaris has had some problems with this model and it's electrical system. Would it even try to turn over if it's an electrical problem? Anybody have any thoughts or solutions? Is something electrical fried? Yes it has gas in it. Help!

Re: Ski will not fire

Originally posted by Skimoose
    We have a 1997 SL700 Polaris jet ski. We have put a new battery in it and it ran a couple of times that we used it. Went to use it last Sunday and it ran for a little while and then died. Tried to start it again and no fire. Changed spark plugs but seems like we are not getting enough spark. The reset button on the electrical box doesn't seem to be functioning. A dealer told me that Polaris has had some problems with this model and it's electrical system. Would it even try to turn over if it's an electrical problem? Anybody have any thoughts or solutions? Is something electrical fried? Yes it has gas in it. Help!
    I HAVE A 97 SL 700 I HAD THE SOME PROBLEM AND THE BLACK BOX HAD WATER IT SO I CLEANED IT OUT AND LET IT SIT FOR A WEEK WITH THE BOX OPEN AND LET IT AIR OUT. I TOOK IT OUT SUNDAY AND IT RAN GREAT ALL DAY BESIDES MY OVER HEATING PROBLEM. BUT YOU CAN TAKE IT APART AND SEE. IT ONLY TAKES 5 TO10 MIN THE 6 BOLTS ON THE TOP AND PULL IT TO SEE IF THERE IS WATER IN IT. GOOD LUCK
    JOSH

Comment

Thanks, we'll try anything, that sounds easy enough and cheap to me. We will start there. If that's not it, any body else have any suggestions?

Comment

I had the same problem and thought it might be in the Black Box because once you look inside.... it looks like a birds nest,Checked all connections but it ended up being the CDI.

Comment

i hope you find out what the issue is. i have the same issue. i think its either the stator or the cdi box. my dash is dead but it wil turn over. im not sure if its a power issue from the battery or a power issue from the stator or cdi. if i find any solutions ill let you know. good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X