95 SL650STD wont run right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 SL650STD wont run right.

Here's what I have, 2 years ago i was riding it and it was doing fine. after coming in one trip I parked it for about half an hour and when I fired it up to go back out it was so lost for power it wouldnt come out of its own wake hardly. Brought it home and checked compression and it was fine as I only had 3 months on a top end rebuild. Pulled the carbs and decided to resynch them since I hadnt done that since I bought the ski. Went ahead and pulled the Reeds and they were burnt on the corners. Since im so broke I cant pay attention I finally lucked out and I did an engine change for a guy and he bought my new reeds for doing it.:) I finally got the money to get the gaskets THIS YEAR and scrounged up some gas money for a few gallons of gas and went to the lake Sunday to do a jet-test since I change the reeds and re-synched the carbs. First run off the trailer I thought I was gonna be ok after some carb needle adjustments. Sounded like it was rich and would bog a little doing a turn. Pulled plugs they were slightly black like it was rich. Went and turned the needles in about 1/8th of a turn in and fired up and went out for run 2. Didnt make it 50 feet it was doing just like 2 years ago. Stopped it and thought ok lets go the other way. Turned them out about 1/4 turn, 1/8th past original setting. Same as before. Got frustrated and went out another 1/4 turn! same thing. Went back to original setting, WONT EVEN RUN THERE NOW! Got mad and brought it home. Just for the record I own the Polaris Service Manual. I set the needles by the Manual to start and was going to set them by reading the plugs. I used to race circle track and my brother and I built our engines (not the machine work of course) so while I know im far from perfect im not a novice either and this !@#$#$!% problem is driving me insane. If anybody has a clue or could lead me in the right direction PLEASE HELP! Thank you in Advance!
Working...
X