01 Genesis zippo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Genesis zippo

someone dropped off above pwc. said he thought it lost spark. I put lanyard on and get nothing , no cranking, nada. message board does say unlocked, push the lock button and it asks for a code. are these like those nightmare message board GP Yamahas? when it says unlocked, should it crank? am I overlooking/forgetting something? if not, any idea where to begin?

Re: 01 Genesis zippo

There is a start/stop regulator, lr 505 I belive that could be faulty or a bad starter relay.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

lr 505 is a part number? would I hear a clicking sound if the relay was bad? is there a wiring diagram available?

Comment

The lr 505 is located in the electrical box, easy to locate look into the box , its a skinny flat narrow controler with a yellow, red, orange and I think maybe a black wire coming out of it. You will have to look up the part number for it. The starter relay may or may not click when the start button is pressed, put a test light on the starter cables side and see if the light lights up when the start button is pressed if so the relay should be good.

Comment

I had put my ohmmeter on the starter cable side and pushed the button and got 0 voltage? I think I see lr 505 has seven wires.

Comment

The starter relay may have failed

Comment

I cut the QD connector from a Sea Doo 787, has matching wires as the Polaris. I ran a wire from the r/y and left it open. I grounded the other wire on a head bolt. When I touched the hot wire to the battery cable side of solenoid the motor cranked over. I had the lanyard on and noticed spark. I unhooked the lanyard and spark left. I re-attached wire and motor started. So I think solenoid is OK. I then tested start/stop button for continuity. I got continuity between that same r/y wire and the r/w wire next to it. I believe the button is OK. I really do think it is lr 505. I wish I could bypass this.

Comment

You need it, cant just do away with it.

Comment

looking at my diagnosis technique, did I make an obvious mistake? I put the new start/stop relay in and I still get ZIPPO. Could the CDI be causing this? I think that I had eliminted everything else as I worked on solenoid and start/stop button on handlebar?

Comment

See if the small wires going to the starter relay are working, You need power on the small red/yellow wire to the solinode to actvate the relay when the start button is pressed.

Comment

the hot wire coming up to the start/stop handlebar switch mysteriously lost its power. the wires come from the box and go to a twelve plug pin connector junction box. that pin came loose inside that box! I just need the cap for that box with the pins, but can't find it on any parts fiche. maybe I can just run a wire from the box to that wire- post-12 pin junction?

Comment

John ziggler on pwctoday.com in the polaris section maybe able to help with the parts you need. Look him up, Rock County jet Ski.

Comment

no one has this nor even the harness. that's the trouble w/this brand: parts hard to find.wet jet might even be better! the cap has four sets of three wires each getting continuity in it. I just joined this set of three outside the cap and everything is hunky dory. thanks.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Working...
                            X