Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

polaris SLT750 over voltage, what should stator output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaris SLT750 over voltage, what should stator output?

Im having an over voltage problem, tried new regulator/rectifiers, they dont seem to work or they fail.
    I get a reading of approx 30 volts on the battery.

I have experimented and removed the LR module and rewired the ski so it has no charge connection.
    Left yellow for rev counter. That works.
    Charge coil checked with meter, checked ac output on an analogue meter to check for spikes or uneven voltage.. all is smooth and ranges from tickover of 40 - 50 volts ac.. up to approx 75 volts ac on high revvs..
    Is this voltage roughly right? Or am I blowing regulators up because my charge coil is magic.

Re: polaris SLT750 over voltage, what should stator output?

Originally posted by Mark-UK View Post
    Im having an over voltage problem, tried new regulator/rectifiers, they dont seem to work or they fail.
    I get a reading of approx 30 volts on the battery.

I have experimented and removed the LR module and rewired the ski so it has no charge connection.
    Left yellow for rev counter. That works.
    Charge coil checked with meter, checked ac output on an analogue meter to check for spikes or uneven voltage.. all is smooth and ranges from tickover of 40 - 50 volts ac.. up to approx 75 volts ac on high revvs..
    Is this voltage roughly right? Or am I blowing regulators up because my charge coil is magic.
    ~6VAC while cranking, 35 VAC at about 3300 RPM, 90+VAC at 6500 RPM.

Comment

Working...
    X