new sbt 787 engine installed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new sbt 787 engine installed ...

i just installed the engine into the ski ran the engine and primed the oil pump..... the ski is indicating maint at first it was reading hi temp but the engine feels cool and the cooling lines are free from restrictions..... the only noticeable heat is coming from the rotary valve........how hot should this area be?????? I am going to replace the water temp sensor but wanted to make sure that was the problem being the head did not feel hot....also can i block off the oil pump on a 99 gtx rfi ?????? the oil pump seems to be working when i first cranked the engine i opened the oil pump up to remove the air from the lines it seemed to working it was a little slow ..????? any ideas??? thanks dawrench

Re: new sbt 787 engine installed ...

also i purchased a new valve and cover from sbt as well

Comment

Did you make sure the rotary valve gear chamber was full of oil?? including both large oil lines??

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

The heat sensor has nothing to do with the cover or oil, it's just the temp of the cooling cover at the sensor point. They frequenty go bad. If you are circulating water correctly, replace the sensor.

No you can not pre-mix any injected ski.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thank you for your time,,,, also the reason asking the temp of the rotary valve is i wasnt sure if the high temp reading at the mpem was from the liquid or the air temp sensor reason being the only warm spot on the engine is the rotary valve so i thought maybe the air temp sensor in the airbox may be reading hi temps from the rotary valve in the meantime i reset the mpem but the maint light came back on.........the first time the maint light was on it read hi temp on the guage but after reseting and removing the liquid temp sensor cleaning and reinstalling now only the maint light comes on and says maint only??????? i was thinking it may be a diff sensor any ideas??? anyway to dignose the maint indicator???? thanks da wrench...

answer to second post:
          I have oil running from the reservoir to engine and from the engine return to the reservoir but the return line going back to the reservoir does have air in the line at the reservoir....thanks da wrench

Comment

also will the rich oil mixture trigger the maint indicator during break in?????

Comment

Nothing triggers the indicator except a bad sensor, sensor data out of range or timed intervals for sched. maint.

You have to have a dealer hook it up to thier computer to diagnose, sorry.

Comment

well thanks again for your time thats what i figured so tomm taking to local shop to have mpem read ..... the rotary valve gets really hot in a short time is that normal?

Comment

Yes perfectly normal. Everything under your seat gets very hot during operation.

Comment

ok i had the mpem programmed tps set to zero they also pulled the fault code bad temp sensor....replaced the temp sensor.....that fixed the maint indicator... the motor was running really rough ...like the plugs were fouled due to the extra premix during breakin so i cleaned the plugs and put the ski on the water but it would cutout on acceleration like i was losing spark/fuel... sometimes the ski would plane out.....then nothing....then would take off.... brought the ski back pulled the plugs and they were fouled again..... cleaned the plugs..... hooked the battery up cranked the ski and what do you know the maint light is on again.......any idea exactly whats going on???? its starting to drive me crazy.... first it was the fuel injectors then the battery....then maint light = temp sensor.... and now the maint light again lol

Comment

Replace the plugs, don't clean them.

Comment

Are you running premix through fuel injectors???? That is a no no. If so, you probably clogged up the injectors???
                        Bill O'Neal <br>
                        WCM
                        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Bill, the RFI's can have 1 liter of oil in the first tank of break-in. The DI's do not however.

Comment

Working...
                          X