To fix or not fix 97 Seadoo xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To fix or not fix 97 Seadoo xp

112psi in cylinder #2 150psi in cylinder #1.

I think I broke it. Was hard to start and then hesitated on the acceleration but ran out fine. Ran it all summer two years ago. So i messed with it. Made carb adjustments on the lake trying to get rid of the hesitation, hard starting and loading up after idling for a while. Nothing changed. I should have left it alone. Then i realized the accelerator pump was not squirting and never had. So i got a new accelerator pump and i lost that little one way valve in the fuel feed line to accelerator pump everyone says you don't need. put the pump on and i lost the hesitation but then had top end bogs and other issues like lack of fuel, screw adjustments did not seem to change the plug color. i'm thinking maybe someone set these carbs up to run with out the accelerator pump and by putting one on that works it's all goofed up.

So should i get a new jug, top end kit and rebuild the carbs for about $500 or just sell it for parts? i'm pondering the hassle. And should i buy a whole jug swap kit or have it done myself?
Working...
X