Synchronizing triple carbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronizing triple carbs...

I just rebuilt the Mikuni SBN's on one of my Exciter 220 engines using the SBT rebuild kits and amd am getting ready to mount them on the manifold. I know I have to sync up the throttle valves using the linkages between each carb but is there anything else that I need to make sure gets synced up between them?

I used stock genuine Mikuni needle and seat replacements (1.2mm) with the gold, 115g spring that came with SBT reuild kits. I used an air compressor with a dual gauge to test popoff pressure and got it on all three carbs at about 77psi. I thought this was high but I was told that the smaller the N&S the higher the popoff pressure would be and to not even try testing with a popoff pressure gauge since they don't generally go that high in psi.

Anyway, I'm just looking for tips on how to get the carbs synced up correctly when I mount them. Oh yeah, I used the factory hi and low speed screw settings on all three carbs.
    1997 Yamaha Exciter 220 currently in need of a new starboard engine and carb rebuild.

2003 Honda Element
Working...
X