Sea Doo GTX DI Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Doo GTX DI Problems

My 2002 Sea Doo GTX DI has a serious problem. It started when I was riding it one day and it just died after about a hour and a half of riding it. It seemed like the battery was dead because the motor was hard to turn over with the starter but you could turn it over with your hand. There were no maintenance lights or battery low. I put a voltmeter on the battery and it was fine I took it home and got it started again. I thought it was fixed and I took it out the next day. After a half hour of riding it shut down again, lost power and the console went blank. I just let it sit there in the middle of the lake for a half hour and it started again and ran but it died on the way back to the boat launch after about 5 minutes. Let it sit for 2 minutes and then it started again. Then I checked the spark and the spark was jumping from the center of the plug to the side of the plug sometimes instead of jumping the gap on both plugs and the plugs only had 10 hours on them. Changed the plugs and it fixed this problem took it out and it died in 10 minutes. I am ready to sink it and use it for a anchor, does anyone know what could be wrong? The engine has 10 hours on a rebuild and the pump has a 15 minutes on it after being rebuilt.

Re: Sea Doo GTX DI Problems

Do a compression test, that will reveal the problem. I believe on of your cylinders is seizing up... for some reason. Improper piston to cylinder wall clearance, bad oil pump etc.... who put the top end in??... :emoticonn the only other thing I can think of is if the compression is good, theres the possibility of the compressor is bad, and is not supplying good pressure for the fuel system, SBT has the hot set up for that thing, I bought a rebuild kit for mine, and it works great, after I put a crank and pistons in mine.

Comment

If I try to start it now it only start for about 1 to 2 seconds then it will quit

Comment

Probably the compressor....

Comment

Working...
        X