2000 ultra 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 ultra 150

buddy of mine is getting a new engine for his 150. he wants to know the best aftermarket mods for this ski and how will they help in handling and overall power. He has 2 2005 ultra150s and he is wondering if he can soup this one up to out perform the others........ Please advise.
    Andrew J Robinson
    Aquacraft Unlimited LLC
    Pensacola FLORIDA
    aquacraftunlimited@yahoo.com

Re: 2000 ultra 150

He's already having to put a new engine in one of his 05 Ultra 150's??? Milling the stock heads or buying some aftermarket heads such as ones from ADA or R&D are a good bang for the buck with that engine. I've got an STX-R and by just installing an ADA head with pump gas domes it brought up speed by 2 mph. My 96 XP never increased rpm's like that when I got the heads milled. I'd recommend some sponsons for that Ultra too. They can sure use the extra handling since they are so hairy on top end. I just rode a 70+ mph Ultra this weekend and it was scary. You gotta have some balls to hold one of those wide open over 70.

Comment

Re: 2000 ultra 150

Is he looking for just speed? or handling and speed? What kind of budget and what kind of water is he riding in?
      If 70 is what you want then I would try these:
      Shredmaster Rideplate ($300)
      Solas 16/20 Prop Blueprinted & Pump reshimmed and blueprinted
      Skiworx Heads ($275)
      Skiworx Carb Rejets ($250)
      Skiworx Sting Mod ($150)

That will get you to 67-70
      If you ride in rough water I would add to that list Beach House Sponsons ($150) and R&D Aquavein Intake ($120)

If you want more speed then you will want to look into Novi 48XR carbs or Flat Tops with full porting or for extream speeds Novi's and Tripple Pipes

I would check out Steve @ www.skiworx.com or James at www.performance-eng.com

My current Setup is, and I see 72-73 everytime:
      Novi 48XR carbs
      Skiworx Heads 42CC
      Ported Cases and Cylinders
      Flat Top Wiesco Pistons
      Raised ports & shimmed decks
      D3 Performance Exaust System
      Prok F/A
      TDR Waterbox
      Skiworx Stinger Mod
      Solas 16/20
      Tripple Pissers