changed fuel valve,not getting fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changed fuel valve,not getting fuel

I changed the fuel valve on my 96 gti it was not getting fuel while on the on position,and would only run on reserve now that i changed it wont run at all
    i have did allof the usuals the fuel tank has gas the fuel filter is clean i have traced all of the line by my other gti and they match.could it be the vent or maybe fuel lines arenot tight and they are sucking air.how do you unclog a vent?I can fill the fuel filter bowl and it will run until it is about haif full and then it dies.one funny thing thing did happen once it ran away once and i had to pull the plug wires offto get it to stop.

what do you guys think?

Re: changed fuel valve,not getting fuel

the run away engine signinfies a lean condition.. most likely an air leak of some sort.
    did you rebuild your carbs too? did you put new gaskets on the intake?
    Most importantly.. is the fuel valve on the on position(it happens)
    and no mixed up lines right?
    Try taking a line straight from the on nipple that comes from the tank and run it straight to the main gas nipple inlet on the carb.
    see if this will eliminate the prob.. If not then the problem is somewhere on your carbs/engine and not the lines you redid.
    Make sure your pulse is hooked up tight.

Comment

I traced the fuel lines down by the other gti and there were the same I even looked at the manual and they wre the same I could refill the fuel filter bowl
      and it would run a while and quit then i tryed the on to the main line trick
      and the fuel filter stays full but it still runs away with it self I bought it used
      and like I said it did not run on on but would on res. I replaced the fuel valve
      but nothing else, however i did notice that someone had marked all of the lines with a perament maker like they had worked on the fuel system before.Could it be that the thing had a air leak that just had started and went unnoticed and this trigered it?Could leaking air the the carbs?

what you think

Comment

Are you missing the oring in the fuel strainer/filter bowl ?

Because the lines are marked, someone may have connected them wrong at the fuel baffel?
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X