yamaha wave raider stalls during left turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha wave raider stalls during left turns

My yamaha 1100 wave raider loses power and almost dies when I make a hard left turn. Seems to be starving for fuel. Recent sbt shortblock installed. Otherwise has a lot of power. Any ideas?

Re: yamaha wave raider stalls during left turns

Did you replace the motor and not re build the carbs?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

No I did not rebuild the carbs.

Comment

You have committed the ultimate sin in the watercraft world, Never replace the engine without going through the carbs. It sounds like you are running lean do to a restriction some place in the fuel system. Start by removing the carbs and opening them up to inspect. What happen to the first engine to make you replace it?

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
          You have committed the ultimate sin in the watercraft world, Never replace the engine without going through the carbs. It sounds like you are running lean do to a restriction some place in the fuel system. Start by removing the carbs and opening them up to inspect. What happen to the first engine to make you replace it?
          The front piston ring came loose and ruined the cylinder head and piston and scored the cylinder.Crankcase was full of debris. I did not own it at the time it happened. Only has 100 hours on it. I suspect it had something to do with oil injection. I switched to premix.

Comment

You need to rebuild the carbs, It sounds like its leaning out. And that is more than likely how it failed the first time. Dirty fuel systems and water ingestion are the #1 cause of engine failure.

Comment

Working...
            X