Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 xlt1200 ltd blown engine

Hello all,

I want to get opinions on whether I should replace the engine on this ski (1999 xlt 1200 ltd) or junk the thing. The dealer says the 3rd cylinder is gone. I do not wrench and would have to pay to have the work done. My local dealer says that 2 stroke is a thing of the past and most 2 stroke skis get about 160 hours. My ski had considerably less than that on it and was purchased used.

Also does anyone know of a good wrench in the Atlanta\Alpharetta\Gainesville area that may be able to replace the engine if I go that route.

Thanks,
    99yami

Re: 1999 xlt1200 ltd blown engine

Well you are in luck as I have a good friend that is very reasonable mech.
    404-427-9586 Jay, that is my best advice he can look and see if you just need one jug and carbs rebuild.
    Let him know that Torquenut, Willy, gave you his number, he is a little away form you but in the ATL area.

Comment

Originally posted by torquenut View Post
      Well you are in luck as I have a good friend that is very reasonable mech.
      404-427-9586 Jay, that is my best advice he can look and see if you just need one jug and carbs rebuild.
      Let him know that Torquenut, Willy, gave you his number, he is a little away form you but in the ATL area.

Thanks Torquenut, I will give him a call.

Comment

I would definetly fix the waverunner. As far as 2 strokes being a thing of the past, they are for people that can afford the new 4 strokes and the service bills that come with them. I have a friend that has a 2007 honda with 40 hours on it, the computer went out dealer wants over $2000 to replace it!! He paid $6000 for the thing new! Stick with 2 strokes theyre easier to repair and cheaper on parts. Just my opinion.
        Good luck whatever you decide!

Comment

Working...
        X