No announcement yet.

Primer Kit Components (and a question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer Kit Components (and a question)

I ordered the "Keihin Personal Watercraft Primer Kit Keihin Triple Carb" from www.parkeryamaha.com . It was $23.95 plus a minimum of $11.99 shipping. OK! What I received was a sandwich size baggie that included the following:
    3 ea. plastic hoses (various lengths)
    1 ea. pump
    3 ea. brass plugs (size not yet determined)
    3 ea. "drilled" brass plugs (attachable to plastic hose)
    1 ea. plastic "tee"
    0 ea. anything else including a drawing or an instruction of how this is done (yes that means ZERO other items).

I'm curious to know if my intuitive feeling that this kit may not be adequate, is correct? Maybe I have all the parts I need but it doesn't seem like it (of course, if I had instructions for a triple carb setup, I'd know) If you are familiar with doing a primer kit on a triple carb ski, could you help me out. Do I need to call Parker, or did I get everything I should have?

I also ordered the carburetor gaskets Parker offered. I bought a single gasket for each carb but when I look in my Service Manual Supplement I see what appears to be a single gasket for one carb and a "double gasket" for the other two. Do I need to go find a single/double gasket set or can I use the three singles?

Thanks,

jim

[ September 16, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: jaafallon ]
    '98 Yamaha GP1200<br />'98 Kawasaki 1100 STX

Does the pump have 1 inlet and 3 outlets on the back of it?

Comment

The pump has one inlet and one outlet.

jim
      '98 Yamaha GP1200<br />'98 Kawasaki 1100 STX

Comment

I think this is how it goes: Cut your fuel line that goes to your fuel filter, or your return line. I forget which, maybe someone can clarify this.

Here's what I did for a dual-carb setup. Maybe this will help:

Where I cut the line, Iput a "T". I ran a new line from that "T", to the plunger, which I installed in the hull, by my knee. From there, I ran a line back towards the carbs. When I got close to the carbs, I installed another "T". From that "T", I ran one line to each of the carbs. At the carbs, I used one brass plug and one brass barb in each side of the carb throat, where the choke plate holes are. From there, I then attached the lines from the "T" to the brass barbs in each carb choke hole. Then I zip-tied everything together.

I know that sometimes they say to only prime one cylinder and that'll be enough to get the ski started, but I still think that if that's the case, you should have gotten 5 brass plugs and one barb, not 3 and 3. I think they shorted you two "T"'s, and obviously the directions.

On a triple setup, you would run the line back from the plunger, then "T" it, then "T" one of THOSE lines, for three OUTS. Then run those to the carbs, in my opinion.

You should have also received rubber plugs to plug the oil injection lines. Otherwise you will suck air through those connectors.

I would call them and explain what you have and ask them to fax or e-mail you the instructions.

- Craig
        - Craig<br /><br />'04 Baja 342<br />'04 GTX SC<br />'98 GTXL<br />'95 750 ZXI

Comment

What Craig said. I was getting there.

Comment

Working...
          X