• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging system test 750 XiSport

Hi :

I´ve got the Service Manual.
    I´m now verifing the Charging Coil.
    I´ve measured the charging coil resistance and it´s within the specified values 1.1 Ohms. Besides there is no connection to ground.
    The manual says to verify the charging output voltage between the two brown wires that comes from the magneto with the engine running at 3000 rpm. It should be 20 Vac.
    The manual says to disconnect the 3 pin connector.
    Then says to temporarily connect the magneto leads except the charging coil leads (brown). This means to connect only the black wire that carries ground ?
    Eduardo

i would assume it does but double read the manula to make sure.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Well, with the engine running in the hose, with the two brown wires disconnected, I measure 75 Vac.
      With the two brown wires connected I measure only 2 Vac.
      I followed the manual Resistance test for the Rectifier/Regulator, and any reading corresponds. Besides, again, with the engine running, the voltage reading in the battery terminals is only 12 V.
      So, the Voltage Regulator is dead [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]
      Eduardo

Comment

sorry, no reading corresponds to the VR resistance test
        Eduardo

Comment

Hi all :
          I´m posting this because someone said that no one post the final result of a repair job.
          I´ve changed the voltage regulator by a new one (original Kawasaki spare part).
          Now the charging system works. I measure the battery voltage with the engine running in the hose and I measure 13,8 Vcc.
          I´m now thinking to make the old VR repair.
          Eduardo

Comment

Working...
          X