No announcement yet.

Need new crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X2 Their warranty covers water ingestions....NO FAULT is anything as long as the engine is NOT torn down. That is really the only reason they do not warranty them. Also if you goto almost any shop...at least here in Florida and want a "NEW" engine...90% of them go right to SBT...do you realize how many of their engines are in Skis that people own and don't relize that the 2k engines they bought from Yamaha is really an SBT? Many places just resale their SBT engines as their own..../shrug

I hate to see yours is broke ...I hate seeing anyone not able to use the ski...but There are so many SBT engines running around if they were that bad...they would be looking for jobs....think about it.

Sorry X2 and Wombat for the isssues you have and hopefully you get this resolved....

Have a great Easter everyone!

Cheers,
    Mike

Comment

Tech Support - You just don't get it! I have a failed part that needs replaced. I'm not pretending to look for a crank! I SERIOUSLY NEED A CRANK! I'm not trying to to piss people off, I'm trying to get some attention in order to get my crankshaft replaced. I assumed that SBT would immediately bite the bullet and DO THE RIGHT THING - try to satisfy the customer, but SBT seems to view things differently. Customer satisfaction is not a priority. You don't care if you lose my business because you know another sucker is born everyday. You have plainly illustrated that in this thread!

I deal with vendors and customers regularly and I am one the most level headed individuals you will ever deal with, but you are really starting to piss me off. I do not appreciate being called a liar...

Mpeavler1 - I agree, their are thousands of SBT engines and parts out there running just fine. Do you think every part they sell is perfect? Of course not! No one makes everything perfect. There are always a certain number of defects per however many thousands of good parts. I just happen to be the one that got the bad part that broke in 4 hours, but SBT doesn't see it like that.
      Duane Harding

Comment

Post a normal thread, not - hey look at my picture SBT cranks suck I need one - and it won't be deleted, that's not what the Parts Wanted section is for.

You assumed we would 'bite the bullet' as you say, and give you a free crank, even though your 90 day warranty period was wasted by you, and it is now almost 4 months out of warranty. Well, I can only say that you assumed incorrectly.

Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority - HOWEVER we are a business. We are not in the habbit of giving away product, or going against our written warranty policies. If that were the case, every customer would now have a free unlimited warranty extension, because they are obviously entitled to the same treatment as you.

You had a 90 day warranty on your crank. It is far outside that period. End of discussion.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

We have just announced that all cranks, retroactive one year from today, as now covered under our industry leading, fault-free 1-year warranty.

All interested parties may call Julie for assistance.

877 330 0231

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/ubb/ultim...40.html#000000
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Need new crank

I have always rebuilt my own cranks but I can say one thing. I would never give 90 days warranty let alone a year no-fault on any 2 stroke crank unless I got to put it in and I would still be leary. I've watched people waste a brand new crank in 4 minutes due to leaky intake gaskets or other (Cranking it over with the engine full of water maybe?)

Originally posted by Technical Support
            We have just announced that all cranks, retroactive one year from today, as now covered under our industry leading, fault-free 1-year warranty.

All interested parties may call Julie for assistance.

877 330 0231

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/ubb/ultim...40.html#000000

Comment

Re: Need new crank

I have been working with SBT for several years and they have stood behind thier products and warranty in every case. They also recently replaced the cases of an engine that was on the way back to me because it was droped by UPS. The original rebuild failed due to the carbs not the engine. I purchase around 30-50 engine a year from them and I think thier product is great. If they were not around and you had to rebuild the engine yourself with OEM parts you would find that most ski's older than five years would not be worth fixing.
              Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
              X