Need new crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new crank

Anyone know of a good crank supplier who stands behinds their product???

4 Hours on stock Kawasaki STXR. And SBT won't stand behind it...

[ April 08, 2004, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: wombat ]
    Duane Harding

We do stand behind our warranty, but not when you are way OUT of warranty. It's not our fault you did not use the crank at all during your warranty period.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Please explain to me how SBT came up with the magic number of 90 days, after which the reliability is marginal enough to not be covered by warranty?

Quality parts don't break in 4 hours. Quality companies stand behind their parts. BTW, I have a whole subdirectory of photos of every weld on this piece, each of which has a very noticeable crack. Is this also representative of SBT quality? I assume the rod pin welds are designed to crack at 100 days?

[ April 09, 2004, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
      Duane Harding

Comment

I understand your pain I have a buddy that works on pwc's and sees tons of SBT built motors come in that SBT won't stand behind. ALWAYS HAVE SOME EXCUSE AS TO WHY IT DID WHAT IT DID. THE QUALITY OF THE PARTS IS SUBSTANDARD TO SAY THE LEAST. MY BUDDY CAN'T REBUILD A MOTOR WITH OEM OR WISECO PISTONS AND OTHER NEEDED PARTS FOR WHAT SBT CHARGES FOR A WHOLE NEW MOTOR. SO THINK ABOUT THAT. POOR QUALITY PARTS.

Comment

Tech Support was out for the evening.

90 days has been the industry standard for most part sales, including cranks for a LONG time, long before we even started. We offer a greater warranty on a complete engine, where we control more of the variables in the engine design and assembly, insuring greater success of the engine's life.

We have no control over the assembly or construction of the engine when we sella crank, therefore we do not extend a 1 year warranty to it, nor does anyone else.

X2 - post your buddies name so I can verify the warranty records of these alledged engines we won't stand behind. Our engine warranty is NO-FAULT. If the engine is in warranty, and not diassembled, WE COVER IT period!

As for your other comments, there is no argument - they are compeltely without merit. 40 THOUSAND engines speaks for itself. I would wager we build more engines in a week than your 'buddy' has built in his whole life.

Wombat: let's see pics of the rest of the engine - cylinder walls, pistons, cases...

[ April 09, 2004, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]

Comment

X2 - did you also notice that the folks on the SBT site didn't just delete yours and Wombat's posts off the board?? Try pulling the smear campaign on some of the other sites around the net and see what you get. My bet is the other members wouldn't even see it.

Seems like an odd way to try and come to a resolution with the Company. Are you looking for some kind of "cry of foul" from the members on this site? I think I'd be calling and talking to them privately.

Anyway, have a good day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTICED THAT THE TECH SUPPORT TEAM DOESN'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY ABOUT THIS????????

Comment

I have been running their crank "SBT" in my built 1100 raider since Aug of last year and it has 65hours of WOT on it pretty much and have not had a problem, and my friends have "SBT" engines in some of their skis and 0 problems and they run the hell out of the skis...almost 3 times a week we ride 90% of the time WOT. Are you sure it was not something else that did this to the crank like out of aligment of the pump, like tech said whats your cylinders look like?

Cheers,
                Mike

Comment

ShowMe - I called and talked to them privately before posting. After getting nowhere on the phone, I emailed them, even sent pictures. SBT did not respond at all to the email. So, here I am on the forum. Come to a resolution??? I have little confidence that will ever happen. BTW - they DID delete my want ad for a new crank.

Tech Support - The engine is at the shop where it was assembled/disassembled. If you agree to reconsider covering the crank, I can get all the engine pics you want after the holiday. Should I post them here or email them directly to you?
                  Duane Harding

Comment

#1 you have already spoken to the Warranty Manager Julie and were informed you were 3-4 months BEYOND your warranty period. response via email was not required from Tech Support, we have no say on warranty matters.

That being said, the only way to get anything changed regarding your situation is to call and talk to Julie again. Any pics you would like her to consider can be sent directly to her at julie@sbtontheweb.com

As for deleting your BS want ad - it was a copy of this thread. Don't even start lying or you WILL get banned. I don't have time to play around with you on the internet.

Comment

There is a sea doo motor out at my buddies shop right now that blew up and sbt said they won't warrenty it cause a authorized dealer didn't put the rotary valve on it.

Comment

Your buddy is outright lying to you if that's exactly what he said, we have NEVER required any such nonsense! We have a do-it-yourself guide here on the website and a hard copy with valve installation instructions is given to every individual order!

So one of you is full of it, PERIOD.

Comment

how about water injestion?

Comment

Whoa!!! Calm down big guy!

I didn't lie about anything in my previous posts. I posted a want ad, and yes it did have the same content as this thread, but the fact is, I'm looking for a crank!

So, since my want ad was deleted:
                            Does anyone reading THIS thread have a crank for a Kawi 1200 engine?

As stated before, I got nowhere with Julie on the phone, which is why I sent the pics via email before posting here. An email response from Tech Support was not expected since the pics were sent to Sales and Warranty. I did expect a response from Warranty or Sales, but received none, so I posted here.

I will get more pics of cylinders, pistons, and cases after the holiday, and email them to Julie. If I still get no response, I'll post them here where they can get more attention.
                            Duane Harding

Comment

You are free to post as long as your information is truthful and accurate. You will not get a warranty response here however. If Julie denied the claim due to the coverage period, your only recourse is through her on the phone.

Don't pretend you aren't trying to piss people off with your post and pretend you are looking for a crank. Neither we nor the public are stupid.

X2 - as I stated, it's a NO-FAULT warranty. We cover EVERYTHING as long as it's within the warranty period (1 year for engines) and the engine has not been disassembled. Here is our Full Warranty: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/programwarranty.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X