No announcement yet.

96 1100 ZXI GAGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonne78 sorry for the late reply. Somehow I did not see you posted back. I just took a tube of silicone and put a seal around the motor case. I also put a nice seal around the top half of the trim box before I put it back together. The water travels up the trim cable from the back of the boat. The dealer told me there was a recall for a o ring. Mine is a 96 so I guess there was a recall for that year as well.

Do you have everything working now? All put back together?
    Garrett

Comment

There is a new boot that goes on the end of the cable at the pump end. It will prevent the water from going in the cable
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        I have used silicone around the seal on the motor case as well as the triangular case which covers the assembly. It works but, will bind if i move it too far or press the KATZ button. Seems like the position sensor either binds inside or gives a reading which stops the unit. I have put it back together with instructions that nobody touches the trim button. When I ride it, I will adjust it to the optimum position and probably will leave it there. Maybe will buy an agressor ride plate if porposing is a problem.

Thanks also for the boot advice. Looks like I should get one of them and install it before I put it in the water.

Again, appreciate the help from you folks!!

Comment

Sounds like you need to reset your limit switch. Mine was doing the same thing. What you have to do is put the trim halfway then put your limit switch in the middle of the little marks on the case. I turned the kill switch off then installed it and turned it back on. Once I did all that the trim was centered and stoped right where it should.
          Garrett Morrison

Comment

Thanks again!

I may have done that too upon final assembly. Basically, I put the trim at mid position then reinstalled the limit switch but did not actuate it to the stop for fear of binding. I probably could not have been that lucky!

How did you know how to reset the limit switch? Were the instructions in a manual you have?

Regards,
            bb

Comment

Yes the manual says that you need to line up your slot in the limit switch right under the middle mark. There are three little molded markers on thw switch. Also run the trim motor with the top off the box to make sure its going the right way. When I got my new control unit box my trim was backwards so I had to rewire my motor to the opp. direction.
              Garrett

Comment

My trim motor runs backwards like you stated. I will rewire it to go in the opposite direction.
                I will be taking it apart today and hope to get it right this time.
                Thanks again!
                bb

Comment

Hmm I wander whey they are doing this? That caught my eye right away because then the limit switch was not doing a thing. Just cut the pos. and neg. on the electril motor and reverse. You will be 100% again and you wont have to worry about other people using it.
                  Garrett

Comment

I reversed the wires, reset the sensor to center mark, and all works great! Need warmer weather to check it out on the water. Not sure what sense Kawasaki had to change this and not mention it to the customer???

The lights don't light up when I turn on the key but the tach, trim and fuel gage seem to be working.

Thanks for the advice!

bb

Comment

The lights not coming on could just be a loose wire. Look around from the wires coming down. Just make sure your oil is high in the tank because your oil light might not come on?
                      Garrett

Comment

Working...
                      X