re-buliding an ultra 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-buliding an ultra 150

i am rebuilding an ultra 150, i have a new crank, new seals, piston set and the cylinders have been bored out. anything special i should be doing when putting it all back togehter that anyone has learned for trail and error with this motor, thanks.

There's nothing unusual aboutit compared ot others, no. Follow all the procedures in the Service Manual.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Nothing unusual on an Ultra engine????? Bored Cylinders? Were they sleeved? If so,do you have the right piston and ring for a cast iron cylinder vs the nikasil liner that was stock?? Who matched the Ports? Are they chamfered correctly? If the Cylinders were bored and sleeved, were the heads recut for the correct bore size? Make sure to check your squish clearance if your cylinders have been sleeved. Remember to time the counter balancer correctly!!!TPS settings are critical, and can be fussy with these motors, along with carb settings and tuning. Good luck with your rebuild

Comment

Your cylinders have been bored out and replated or resleeved?

Comment

Re: re-buliding an ultra 150

Hello there

My partner has just rebuilt his 2002 Ultra 150 and did not cut any corners, all new bearings etc etc. He had his crank professionally split and then rebuilt it. After three outings to the coast his ultra is now poorly again and has water in the crank but he can not find anywhere where it has come from. If I were you, bulid it and sell it or each time you go out on it put £200 in your bank to replair it next time! If anyone has any ideas then my other half would appreciate it very much for any advice
          Claire

Comment

Working...
          X