Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow swimming shark

Hi Bryan,
    I looked at my (stator)?, anyway, the thing right behind the impeller and it is damaged, chipped etc. 1996 Tigershark Daytona 770. Could this lead to reduced rpm? Yesterdays high of 4500 rpm, until 1/3 of tank left and full velocity returns. I am guessing the shift in weight distribution as tank empties loads pump differently, but as you have probably noticed, there is no captain on this ship so I am only guessing. Thanks

You know, I'm not really sure - I've never ridden with a stator vane that dingded up, just had them repaired. I do know it will cause horrible hook up and a reduced top speed though. You can send it in to Dave at www.impros.com and he can get it back into shape for you.

Comment

By the way, while alot of people think Tigersharks should be sunk, when running right they are unbeatable in stock form against similary equipped skis. If you dont mind being flung off in the turns occasionally that is. And the motors are durable as my sons 93 skiff as I would call that one has a minimum of 600 hours. And now that you carry the motors it is worth keeping them. So I sure appreciate you tuning my boat from 3500 miles away.

Comment

titanic
        yeah the broken or chipped pump vane will slow the ski down because as the water rushes through the vanes the broken/bent/chipped vane will act like a paddle breaking the water flow and causing air bubbles thus cavitation. One thing you can do if youre handy with a grinder is to sharpen the chipped or broken area. With alluminum its hard to weld, abd when you try to reshape it usually it breaks again in the same spot. You could just grond down the area to smooth the flow again. thats what i normally do on the skis I get in to fix ( friends and aquaintances) another thng you can do is buy a new one, but I would use the heck out of the one you have until you cant use it anymore. While you have the pump out you should check for cracks along the body of the vain, uaully where they mate with the outer part of the pump
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X