carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs

On my ts daytona 770, the high speed adjustments have tabs to limit the turn at about 20 minutes (degrees?). I turned both counter as my manual says this will richen the mixture. My craft loses power when I go left. I just changed fuel filter and I think I remember lean to the left and rich to the right when bogging occurs. Do the limiters keep me in a safe range so as not to fry my engine. I like to tinker but it is definately a situation of idiot at the helm.Thanks

You shouldn't be in any danger of running it lean, unless you have some big mods and are doing really long WOT turns left [img]smile.gif[/img] This phenomenon is known as the 'left turn bog'. It's caused by the fuel pumps not being able to pump enough fuel due to centrifugal force. Other skis, such as the Yamaha triples, got around this by mounting the carbs in parallel instead of in series. That places the pumps facing forward/rearward instead of to the sides. I don't know of much you can do besides custom mount your carbs or use external fuel pumps.

Comment

Thanks Bryan, no major mods, it actually is an onset problem that came on about 20 hours ago. I replaced plugs, carb spray into carbs, and improved it. While on the water last week, I was able to reach one of the two adjustments and improve it some more. This week fuel filter and other carb adjust. Have not been back out yet due to time and weather. (Seattle) I just want to make sure I do not damage engine through negligence.

Comment

If anything you may have some small adjustments to make, as you did, or some obstructions in your acrbs/fuel lines/filter. If you can't get rid of it, or at least back to it's original condition, then it's time to rebuild your carbs with a full rebuild kit and make sure you really get them clean. We sell them for $30 each.

Comment

Working...
        X