TS770R electrical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS770R electrical problems

I have a 1999 TS770R and am having a curious problem with it. After a ride I noticed that the bilge pump was on as it sat on the trailer.... It is supposed to run when the motor is running only, unless you depress the bilge button. It runs at very low speed, but if I press the bilge button, it comes on fully and goes off for a few seconds after the button is released. The motor then begins spinning slowly again.. Any ideas?

Either a bad motor or bad switch - is it a totally manual switch or is it level sensing?

Comment

It has a switch on the handle bar to run the bilge motor while the engine is off, but the bilge pump is actually designed to run the entire time that the engine is. I replaced the stock bilge pump with an aftermarket (but same manufacturer -Rule) one shortly before this trouble began. U think that the pumpcould just be unsuitable for the application, or would you say that its a switch? Thanks Bryan!

Comment

Well, I know that most aftermarket pumps will auto sense water, by cycling every so often. I don't know if that's how the original was designed - but I'll bet there is some incompatability between the stock switch setup and the aftermarket pump.

Possibly a new switch is in order?

Comment

Thanks Bryan, I'll look in that direction for my answer!!!!

Comment

Sounds like the switch has a small amount of electricity running through it. it could be corroded inside or water got in it
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X