Fuel pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pickups

When checking hoses and valves on gas tank, I noticed that on one line was a tube shaped pickup with a screen on end. Of the three lines plugged to tank, should there be a second pickup on one of them for reserve or regular fuel setting. It is a tigershark 770 1996 daytona. Thanks.

No. Tigersharks do not use a fuel switch, thus no regular and reserve pickups. One only.

Comment

Out of curiousity, how does it run out of fuel in regular setting and start back up on reserve?

Comment

Does your Daytona have a fuel switch? I haven't personally worked on a Daytona - all the other Tigers we have here don't even have a switch...if you DO have a switch, which it sounds like you do, then I WOULD assume there is supposed to be a second feed tube. Unfortunately we don't have your manauls in covering the Daytona line yet...just Monte Carlo so far.

Sorry for the bad advice if you have a switch!

Maybe someone else with a manual or a Daytona can answer you...

Comment

It is a knob/dial on the console that rotates 180 degrees. The marker pointed far left is reserve, turned ninety degrees clockwise is off and ninety degrees more clockwise is on regular tank. Service manual does not say how many pickups or show a picture.

Comment

Well, assuming that it's like every OTHER ski, you should have a return line, ON line, RESERVE line and a vent line going into your tank.

Comment

Working...
            X