1998 tiger shark - water logged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 tiger shark - water logged

I have a 1998 770 TigerShark - Major problem it is taking on water $%#&$%&&. What might cause this? ( Yes, I have the plug in) The bilge pumps works, but I have to stop and manually hold the button and wait for it to empty out. The Ski runs good, bogs a little at first, however when it gets too much water in it it hardly runs at all. Needless to say I am not having any fun. Help!
    Suzo

You need to check every bolt going through the hull, your siphon tubes, and your pump shaft seal. The easiest thing to do is get it out of the water, fill the hull partially with water and look to see where it's leaking. If it's filling up really fast, I would first suspect your pump shaft seal.

Comment

Thanks I will do that. Is this an easy repair if it is the pump shaft seal? I am taking it to a mechanic on Monday...but since I am female I do not want to get riped off. Since the Ski runs strong pre-water log, should I worry about the engine being damaged ie... cracked block ect.... I bought this Ski two weeks ago for $2600 trailer included. Looks perfect....hope looks are not deceiving. Thanks ;)
      Suzo

Comment

Suzo. When you fill the hull up with water you can use some cool ain NON sugar added for a dye. I bet its in the pump seal. You may also have a hairline crack in the hll itself. but I used the cool aid trick on some skis and it really makes it easy to find the leak
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X