Tigershark 900 & 750 HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigershark 900 & 750 HELP!!!

My brother needs to have me pull his jet skis up north and i'm not sure if my sure car can do that. I have an Oldsmobile Alero. He is supplying a trailer with 2 slots for the 900 & 750 (i think it's a 750), and i need to know if any of you can tell me if it's possible to pull those two jet ski's with my car? Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated. :(
    I'm A Newbie!

No, you can and should not with an Alero. The GM N bodies are only rated as class 1 (1000 Lbs. capacity), and only when equiped with the V6 engine. A double trailer and skis will be over 1500, and would not be controlable in some circumstances with such a small, light car.

Comment

if i only towed the Tigershark 900, would i be able?
      I'm A Newbie!

Comment

Probably. That's much closer to your limit. An empty double trailer weight around 350-400, and you can count on 500 with fluids for the ski, at least.

Comment

ive seen people tow 2 sit downs with mustangs, camaors and other cars. I did ask how they towed the skis and they said there was nothing in the skis no fuel no gas cans.
          fuel weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. Personally i would see if you can rent a truck and tow them. i dont think I would feel brave to tow with a car. youfigure your car weighs about 3400 pounds. the skis lets say 1500. thats towing about 1/2 of your cars weight. stopping distances WILL be lenghtened and I dont know how big the brakes on your car are and wheather or not the tranny may overheat due to the extra weight.
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X