Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs and preformance

Hello all,
    My first Question is what is the gap setting for the 97 daytona 1000. My second question is all about preformance. My daytona is flooding out. when you start the craft cold, you dont use the choke. You have to have it WOT in order to start. After the craft is warmed up when you go to start it again you still must have WOT. Other than that this ski runs great.

Ohh one last ? when we have 2 people go out on it, it porpoises very badly, even on smooth water. Is there anyway to correct this problem? :D
    Thanks
    Tequila Sunrise

NGK BR9EYA, 0.028" - 0.031"

It sounds like your low-speed adjustment screws are turned out too far (too rich), and/or you have leaking needle & seats, causing fuel to pass by too easily. I would first try turning your low-speed screws in 1/8th of a turn at a time and seeing if it improves. If not, return them to stock positions and rebuild your carbs (Mikuni SBN) and replace your N&Ss.

I'll leave the aftermarket to Tigershark peeps...

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn - SBT Webmaster ]

Comment

A longer ride plate will help purposing, but may scrub off some top speed due to the larget wetted surface of the plate. if you have a trim you shoudl have it all the way down as it will push the nose down and the back end up.
      Rob

Comment

Thanks rob, Anyone know where i can get a bunch of performace parts for this ski?
        thanks

Comment

Funny you should ask. That was and is the catch to being a Tigershark owner. A lack of aftermarket parts. First check with Arctic-cat as they had developed some of their own mods including grates etc. Post on pwc today that you are looking for parts as some of the old racing team and enthusiasts still frequent the site. The hull design for the 1000 daytona is really a one person ski despite two person rating, and finally alot of people ran BR8es instead of nines and eliminated alot of rich conditions without hurting pistons etc. Also check black magic racing in Minnesota as they created lots of 1000 series mods.

Comment

Working...
          X