hour meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hour meter

Ok here is a tech ? for you. I want to install an hour meter on our 1997 daytona 1000. Is their any hour meter kit that you can buy, that is easy to install. Or can you just buy the gauge and hook it up without a kit?
    Thanks in advanced
    Tequila Sunrise

All you need for an hour meter is a power source - they are typically just small rectangular boxes that you bolt somewhere, usually inside the hull. No kit required. Another alternative is a tachometer like a Tiny Tach, or PET tach - they have hourmeters built in.

Comment

Tequila
      i would jsut spend the cash for a tiny tach. you can get them for anywhere form 40 to 50$. you get a hour meter and a rpm guage in one
      Rob

Comment

Hey thanks for the fast replys. Do you know of an oline store that i can get both the hour meter, and the Rmp/hour gauge
        Thanks
        Tequila Sunrise

Comment

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/tools.htm

Comment

Hey Bryan I was looking at that tach/hour meter it says 2 Stroke Triple Cyls 46.42
            For all 3 cyl that fire every 120 deg only. So does the 1000 fire every 120 deg?

Comment

All twins fire every 180 deg., all triples fire every 120 deg., yes.

Comment

Working...
              X