pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pistons

You need to replace both IF you need to go up a bore size. If the cylinder can be cleaned up enough to reuse another of the same size piston, you can just do the one. If you burned a hole through the piston, however, you also need to rebuild the crank, as the molten aluminum has now deposited itself on your crank bearings.

As for the cause I would be suspecting the carb.

No, we can't sell you a top-end.

Hi Bryan, I opened my friends cylinder and one piston is completely gone, I mean melted away along with the top of cylinder head. I thought it was a fuel air issue. (See previous 30 questions posted by me) The other piston and (dome?) look perfect. Do you sell pistons only? Price? What do I do from here? Thank you. 1996 Tigershark Daytona 770. Do I have to replace both?

Comment

Hi Bryan, ok I have everything off and so the cylinder should lift off now. I cannot budge it. Is there a sealant applied to gasket between head and crank. Should it just easily lift off? Yes I also found the hidden stud on back side of case as well and removed nut. Thanks. :(

Comment

Yes there is normally sealant on the gaskets - there should be some pry tabs, but the easiest thing to do is hit it with a rubber mallet. It will come right off.

Comment

Hey Bryan, I did not expect to hear back so soon. I really appreciate your help. Thanks for burning the midnight oil.

Comment

Working...
          X