Lost RMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost RMP

I made a small adjustment to the low speed screws to fix a 3200-4200 rpm problem and as a result or a different cause has lost about 700 rpm off of the top end. The tach on the boat says 6000-6100 and the service manual says 6800 rpm should be the upper end with 7100 for the rev limiter to kick in. Any ideas? Newer plus (9's)

When you make adjustments to the low circuit, you must also compensate on the high - they overlap. I assume you richened your low-cicuit? You need to now tune your high to regain your RPMs.

Comment

I slightly leaned (1/8th turn) on the low speed screws do I need to richen the high end the same amount?

Comment

Also the service manual refers to the high speed screws as fixed? Are they fixed or adjustable and if they are adjustable where are they located from the highspeed screws as the manual is rather vague in it's photos.

Thanks

Comment

An 1/8th? leaning the lows an 1/8th won't drop you hundreds of RPM up top. You have another issue.

As for the adjustments - what ski do you have?

Have you tried a new set of properly gapped plugs yet?

Comment

97 Tigershark Daytona 770. Plugs are brand new and I believe gapped properly.

Comment

You do have adjusters on there - but you may have a plastic 'limiter cap' on them - just pull it off.

Comment

Working...
              X