Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get maintanence manuals for tigersharks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get maintanence manuals for tigersharks?

I have a problem with a recently aquired 94 Daytona. The ski will run fine for about 3 min. then cuts out to very low rpm at full throttle, for about 1 min. then runs fine for 3min. then repeats over and over. Could this be a heat sensor? I have nothing to go by, no guages or manuals and want to find them somewhere.
    Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

It could possibly be a heat sensor, but if you don't hear any beeping, I doubt it. You can test it by disconnecting the sensor wires.

It can also be fuel/carb realted. If you have a failing fuel tank vent valve, you could be creating a vacuum in the fuel tank. You can test this by disconnecting hte vent line from the top of the tank.

Your dealer is probably going to be the only source for you to order manuals.

Comment

Go to ebay and put tigershark in search box. There are manuals sold all the time, but people wind up bidding twice the price. They are around 22-28 dollars from dealers. There are no beepers on heat sensors for Tigersharks of that era. Check your water inlet screen for clogs or debris. Make sure water comes out exit valve. How many hours? Have you ever had head off?

Comment

Thanks, you are correct in that there is no beep. I never have had the head off, but I do not Know about the previos owner. I will try the heat sensor. Also the vent for the tank. I am not by the ski right now but I will try your thoughts tonight. Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

When you reinsert the sensor use a toothpick or paper clip or plastic bag tie to ride along while inserting to bleed air bubbles etc. Then pull it out after fit is accomplished. Not as difficult as I am probably making it sound. Also it is very important to coat the metal body of sensor in die-electric grease prior to reinstall.

Comment

If that metal head of the sensor is not covered with that grease, could that be causing this problem? I removed it last night and noticed that the entire face did not have the grease on it. Only about half had the grease on. Any thoughts?

Comment

You would be lucky if that was the case. Eliminate it as a possibility however. Have you changed the oil and fuel filters? Make sure you get the proper filters if not as the openings are a little different sized on the sharks vs. say a Yamaha. Your problem could be the choking off of fuel and/or oil, an air leak or compression. Checking fuel & oil first is the easiest and fastest way to track problem.

Comment

I have a 95 Monte Carlo with a similar problem, bought it use and found out it had overheated. I have eliminated the heat sensor ($94 at dealer?) anyway I need help too. I replaced the head gasket which improved the compession prob. just dont know which way to go.

Comment

Working...
                X