ts 900 l need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts 900 l need help

I need to know what the max rpm is and the top speed stock is what the revlimiter is set at and after 3/4 trottle theres no more power is it because the prop is'nt got enough pitch on the trailing edge to push more water thru and all ready running on the revlimiter. i adjusted the carb jetting for low,mid, and high speed and jetting is real good for plug color at all speeds any ideas maybe a different multy pitch prop and what angles it come stock with a stainless 12/23 pitchand what top end speed would i expect it doesnt have a tach on it either so not sure what its running at thanks.

Max RPM should be around 6700, and the top speed was around 55. The rev limiter is set around 7000.

What prop do you have on it, and what mods?

Comment

no mods and the prop is stainless 12/23 [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]

Comment

Is that the stock prop? If not - has it ever turned top RPMs with that prop on it?

Comment

yes its the stock prop and i dont know if it turns them rpms it dont have a tach .thanks read the whole first post

Comment

Yeah, I read it

Until you get a tach, you can't know exactly what's going on. If you are getting top RPMs early, I would suspect pump damage. If you're not getting top RPMs, I would suspect a carb issue.

Comment

the carbs seem fine i did plug check at all speeds and plugs check good what would cause lack of power after 3/4 trottle theres just nothing from 3/4 on to full thanks

Comment

They could be out of sync, the throttle plates could be sticking/out of spec, they could be partially clogged, the throttle cable coul dbe out of adjustment, the choke plates could be out of adjustment...

Comment

the carbs are all in sync i used a 3 carb mercury vacumm adjuster to set the carbs first before i adjusted the carbs and the chokes are all working fine and all the way open any other ideas.Thanks got to go to work now but will check here tomorro [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Comment

You really need to get a tach on there to see exactly what's going on - until you can see what ranges we're talking about, I can't guess - it could be timing not advancing, carburation, pump, etc...

Comment

Take a half hour to pull head and look at piston tops. The sharks will run and run with fried pistons but a loss or thrust and top end will be there. Did you put the gaskets on under the flame arrestor plate after scoping carb. Did you use new ones. I think I paid 35 cents apiece from Arctic Cat for mine, so it is not worth being tight about.

Comment

Hi the compressions fine and i put all new gaskets on when i went thru the carbs.It tops out at 53 miles an hour but theres just nothing after 3/4 trottle i do need a tach i thought there should be more pull after 3/4 thrttle thats why i was wondering if changing props with different pitch would give added throttle and top end speed and witch prop would you suggest and leading and trailing angles thanks

Comment

What compression readings did you get?

Comment

115psi on a warm engine all the way across

Comment

Although that is a little low, if they are even I'd chaulk it up to an inaccurate gauge and not worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X