Performance Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Parts

I just recently heard back from blackmagic racing and they have several parts for my 97 Daytona 770 including, mono-block heads with 165psi, 2 piece grate and v-force reeds. What type of performance gains could I expect from these parts and how difficult would the install be as we have no dealers close.
    Daytona

Those are all very easy, bolt-on mods. The only thing you'll need are replacement gaskets for the head and carbs/intake manifold.

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]</p>

Comment

Any idea on what type of performance gains I could/would expect? I'm really looking for hole shot and top end.
      Daytona

Comment

None of those will significantly improve top-end. For that you need to get more HP and repitch the impeller, or turn higher RPMs. Start with flame arrestors and a rejet. After you get everything done, you should consider sending your prop to dave at www.impros.com to repitch it for better top-speed.

Comment

Wow, if I won't see any difference it kinda seems stupid to put out the money, don't you think?
          Daytona

Comment

You'll have better holeshot and acelleration, just not much improved top-speed.

Comment

Bryan,
              Let's try this again. Does SBT offer complete motors for the Daytona 770 with performance mods already done?
              Daytona

Comment

We only produce them to stock specs, and yes we have the 770's for $699.

Comment

Thanks alot for the input. This forum provides quick and accurate information that is very useful. Thanks again! :D
                  Daytona

Comment

Working...
                  X