1995 Tigershark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Tigershark

I just bought a Tigershark that had overheated pretty bad. I had to replace the head gasket and the compression is now 130/125 on the 2 cylinders. The problem is after running at high speed shortly, the engine bogs and wont run faster than idle, after a minute or so it will run again and then it repeats again. Cooling appears ok, the high temp sensor not affecting it.Fuel filter ok. Any ideas? HELP!

Your compression is very low. You have some serious top-end damage, and I wouldn't bother trying to tune it until you get it properly repaired. You should be 150/150 or so. BTW - replacing the head gasket does nothing to repair overheat damage - the damage occurs to the cylinders/rings/pistons/bearings.

Comment

OUCH not what I wanted to hear. Dont think the Carb is messd up ?

Comment

I've seen a few threads now about Tigershark overheating problems. Is this a problem with all Tigersharks after a few years of use?
        94 Polaris SL750<br />96 Tigershark Montego<br />99 Mustang GT Coupe<br />00 Mustang GT Conv.

Comment

Based on the 2 in our family I would say no, it is not inherent. What is inherent is problems with any brand that is neglected maintenance wise, and the failure to realize that all 2 stroke engines need rebuilds eventually no matter how much TLC is applied. They just wear out faster than 4 strokes.

Comment

Working...
          X