cavatation???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cavatation???????

Hey guys, Great site. I just purchased my first jetski, a 94' Tigershark Montago 640. My problem is with getting up on plane. If you give it full throttle, it seems to come way up in rpm but wont really get moving, if you back off a little it will get up and then runs good, guessing around 40 mph, It will not get up on plane with two people on it however. Is this a problem with the impeller? It does show some dings on the impeller and some minor scratches on the walls of the housing. Also should there be a plug in the flush kit when riding or should the water be coming out of that fitting?? Thank you for your help.

NO there should not be water coming out of the flush fitting while riding! Cap that off!

Yes, you have pump damage. You need to pull it aprt and inspect it - you may have wear ring, impeller and/or stator vane damage. I would send anything damaged to Dave at www.impros.com for repair. He does excellent work for less than 1/2 of new parts, and can modify for performance at the same time.

Comment

ok, its now in pieces, I assume the wear ring is the cylinder the impeller is in. it has light scratches like someone took steel wool to it, not bad. the impeller has small dings on all leading edges and is very pitted, almost thru in some spots (assumed junk ) and I think the stator vain ( jet outlet?) looks pretty good except light corrossion on it. Do you think I can get away with just replacing the impeller? Thanks Randy

Comment

Don't replace it - send it to Dave like I said!

Comment

whoa... This fitting you are talking about is on the side of the boat, right? If so, that fitting should have water coming out of it. Don't cap that off. That is to give you a visual that your motor is being cooled. Unlike other pwcs that use a seperate intake for a hose to flush, Tigershark designed this fitting for flushing as well.

and while you got the driveshaft out make sure you seals and bearings are good too.

Good luck
          Steve

Comment

Thanks for the correction, Steve! I'll have to look at that in detail - I'm not familiar with that design appearantly!

Comment

Thanks guys, yes the fitting is on the side of the boat with a hose leading to the head. I took the pump parts down to a local dealer , he said the stator vain is fine but the wear ring and impeller are both garbage. I ordered new ones because I have company coming this weekend and we will want to use the jetski. Do you think I should send the old ones to Dave anyway? Dealer said they are junk, but wouldn't mind having spares. On another note, I found a seadoo 900 for sale with junk motor, boat in mint shape with trailer, wants $1000, is this a good deal? Think it was a 97. Thanks again Randy

Comment

Hard to say without LOTS more info about the Sea-Doo...and yes, I would still send your parts to Dave.

Comment

Working...
                X