How much HP on my 96 Montego?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much HP on my 96 Montego?

Just bought a 96 Montego and it seems to run pretty strong. Very nimble in the water. What is the HP on this creature? What about top speed (not the factory advertised speed either, I want to know what it will really do) :D

Anything I should be aware of now that I've bought it? I know it has a brand new battery but nothing else that I can see. Engine has never been opened.
    94 Polaris SL750<br />96 Tigershark Montego<br />99 Mustang GT Coupe<br />00 Mustang GT Conv.

62 HP, I would expect low to mid 40's.

Comment

With sharks, others brands too I'd imagine, it is very important to grease/lube those zerks on the driveshaft every 10 hours or so. I have a 97 Monte Carlo and there are two zerks on the driveshaft right behind the motor, I don't know about your montego though. Just two pumps with a grease gun should do it.

Your motor is a 640 cc which pumps out 62 hp's. You should be riding at around 45 mph. The 640 is super reliable, you should plenty of years outta it.

Have fun
      Steve

Comment

Well we managed to reach 45mph on calm water. We measured it with our Polaris running right beside it since the TS doesn't have a speedo... Not too shabby for a 640cc I guess.
        94 Polaris SL750<br />96 Tigershark Montego<br />99 Mustang GT Coupe<br />00 Mustang GT Conv.

Comment

Working...
        X