95 Daytona 640 bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Daytona 640 bogging

I'm having a problem similar to a gentlemen that posted below last month... sorry for the repetition.. just thought I might get some new perspective.. The only thing I've done to this point is change plugs. I haven't started fooling with the carb or anything else for that matter. It idles nicely and low speed throttle response is fine, but the engine bogs down pretty bad with any gas...difficult to even get up on plane... once you do get some speed up..it sort of runs ok, but any serious gas and it bogs down..occasionally when you hit a wave or hold the trigger "just right" it will suddenly go like crazy (in other words it runs great!) .. but if you slow down a little or adjust your trigger finger, it quickly goes back to it's bogged down ways.... thanks in advance for any advice.

The best thing to do would be check for any exhaust leaks by riding with seat off. If this does not help remove carbs and rebuild them. Also drain the gas tank compleatley if you find any water or rust in the carbs. You can tie a rag to a small rope to mop out the inside of the tank once all the gas is removed. This should put you on the right track.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I'll check for the exhaust leak. I'm sure I've got a clean fuel tank... so I guess i'll look at the carbs next. I should add, since it seems to be a common question...adding choke only worsens the problem.. does that help narrow down the possibilities? You can probably tell I'm a greenhorn by my questions. I don't mind tackling a carb rebuild.. but I need the kits and I need a manual.. can you'all tell me where to get them.. is there a place on the web that still offers tigershark stuff? thanks

Comment

I'd personally check with SBT first since they are so helpful!

If they don't sell it, then I'd check these guys out:
        http://www.parkeryamaha.com/pw.htm

This place seems to have quite a few items for all watercraft. I've never ordered from them. So, do so at your own risk.
        Joe Kissell<br />-1995 Tigershark 900<br />-1986 Kawasaki 650 X2

Comment

You can get carb rebuild kits for SBN carbs at almost any motocycle shop. They sould also be able to get you a SBN carb manual.
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

We have them for $35 each.

Comment

Working...
            X