HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP

My name is Brandon aand I have a 1997 tigershark Monte 770. My problem is I ether didnt tightin the air box bolts down or thay need lock tight. Ether way I losta bolt down the carb and beat up the hear pretty bad. I am going to order a new top end kit but I need to know dose any one sell a head for that or do I need to grit my teach and take it to a machine shop. In wich case it will probibly be cheaper to buy a new motor from you guys. Any help would be cool. Thanx [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]

[ July 24, 2002, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: BCioli ]

You may find a used head for sale, but it'll cost about as much as having the heads remachined.

Comment

Re: HELP

I have a 98 Tigershark 770TS, and basically have the same issue, EXCEPT the bolt appears to be stopped form going into the cylinders. Does anyone know what is stopping the bolt form going into the cylinder, and what can I do to get the bolt out of there before it does go into the cylinder? Thanks in advance , Joe

Comment

i got heads ill sell

Comment

in fact i got a whole motor 133psi left cyl. 136psi right

Comment

Let's do the TIME WARP! This thread was SIX YEARS OLD!!!
            John Kubiak
            Powersports Technical Training Professional
            Las Vegas, Nevada
            Sea-Doo Tech 13736
            PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
            PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
            NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
            Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Yes you are right, it is six years old. However my question still remains. I just posted last week. Does anyone know how to get the bolt out of the intake without taking the intake off? There is definitely something keeping the bolt on my 98 770 from going into the cylinder, as my son ran the ski all day and ran up onto the trailer at the end of the day.

Thanks in advance, Joe

Comment

Joey is the bolt broken off or is it a stud sticking out? Send a pic to tom@sbtontheweb.com lets see what your talking about.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I will have to get the picture for you, however what happened is there are two bolts that hold a cover onto the carb. These bolts are inside the cover and go through the tob of the carb, one worked it's way out, and down the carb into the intake. (It must have, as it is gone and has nowhere else to go) The ski is still running but I am afraid for how long.. The bolt did not break off, just worked it's way out and free.

Comment

Yes you can lose a bolt down the carb., I had two do it. Luckily they will be stopped from going into the cylinder by the Reed Valves. It's good they don't go into the cylinders, but they can still make a mess of the inside of your reed valves by them rattling around in there. Only way I have foind to get them is take the entire intake off and fish them out of the reed valve assemblies. You might be able to stick a magnetic extension and get it that way without taking off the intake, will depend how far they are back in the reed valve, and if they are lodged in there at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X