arcing wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arcing wires

I have just rebuilt my starter but when I place the positive cable on the battery it arc's even when I don't have the lanyard plugged in. There is nothing running or pluged in. I didn't remove any of the wiring accept the positive wire going to the starter and it is not touching anything and is connected to the starter. the craft did not have any other problems until the starter went out. any ideas? is there any web sight to get a wiring diagram?

Thanks once more! I'm hoping that one of thes day's I will be able to ride it again. it's been out of commission for a month now :(

best thing to do is use a meter and check to see how much of a drain there is. The cdi and other electrical componets may make it arc when you first connect the battery but if everything is off then you should see almost no current drain on the battery. You did not mention if the rebuild starter worked or not. And does the motor run? If you have a current drain all the time start unpluging one componet at a time until you find the source.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

WELL I"M STUPID [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img] I had one wire backwards so it was feeding back into the battery. So it worked fine for about 1/2 mile and the bolts came out of the starter holding it to the block. I tried to tighten them and they striped out. Since I just had the hole's drilled out and rethreaded I JB welded it to the block This was probably a mistake but I'm tired of working on it and I'm going to get rid of it and buy a newer SEA DOO,Waverunner or jetski [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the help!

[ July 26, 2002, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Erik ]

Comment

Working...
      X