'95 Daytona trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 Daytona trim

First... I do have a manual on order... but it's probably going to be a week... in the mean time, can someone tell me if there's a fix for a 'sticky' trim. After it sits for a while, you have to rock the switch up and down quite a few times before the plunger on the trim motor will move... the handlebar switch and electrics are fine.. it's the plunger/piston.. whatever you call it, that sticks... is there some sort of lube maintenance on these things?.. is it basically a screw drive mechanism... hope this rambling makes sense... thanks in advance to anyone that can advise. Bill

Yes, a quick fix is soak it with WD-40 and leave it on overnight and then soak it again. I did that three years ago for a sticking trim motor and have never had a problem since. I just spray it now at the beginning of the season and the end. I took the motor off when I sprayed it initially to hold it at an angle to insure WD got inside.

Comment

Thanks, Titanic... I'll give it the once over this weekend.

Comment

I am not sure I would soak a electrical motor in WD-40 but a light spray on the control shaft shouldn't hurt. make sure when your motor is moving that the electrical housing is not moving, a lot of them would losten after some time. If so remove the cover and tighten all screws with blue locktite. Lube the gears while you are in there.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X