1997 ts 770 problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 ts 770 problems!

i have a 97 ts 770 . apx a 18 months ago i was riding and the motor just came apart . so rather than mess around i got a short block from sbt . installed and rode for apx 6 hours on 2 seperate occasions . heard bad sounds again and checked plugs . they looked good so checked compression manually on water and found none in back cylinder. broken crank shaft . so they warrantied the motor which was great . put motor in and this time rode for apx 3 hours and at apx 50% throttle it just started to bog . checked plugs and rear appeared to be sand blasted . big hole in rear piston !!!!!!!!! . apparently extremely lean . but looking for some help . thanx [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]

I can not belive you burned up 3 motors and haven't rebuilt the carbs or checked oil pump/lines. Sounds like you have a real bad air leak or realy bad carbs. Take them off ond find out what the problem is. you will probably find filter cloged.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

i just purchased a repair manual . took the motor all the way down yesterday and am ordering carb kit today , along with other parts . i am pre mixing my gas . but i appreciate the info . hope i find something in the carb .

Comment

Working...
      X